Saint Xavier University's Public Safety serves the students, faculty, staff and visitors of the University. Public Safety is committed to the highest quality of protective services in order to maintain and improve our unique educational environment and quality of life.
一道本不卡免费高清Public Safety officers are responsible for observing, reporting and taking appropriate actions in all instances of suspicious or criminal activity. They are also responsible for detecting and reporting fire and safety hazards as well as implementing evacuation procedures.
Public Safety maintains excellent working relationships with the local, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Information is disseminated between these agencies and Public Safety in an ongoing effort to maintain safe campus environments.
一道本不卡免费高清All reported incidents are reviewed by Public Safety, and where applicable, they will coordinate criminal investigations with local agencies. Sworn members of the University Police Division possess the same authority as municipal police officers and county sheriffs.
Additionally, Public Safety assists victims upon request in contacting local police agencies.
Saint Xavier's campus is patrolled 24 hours a day by Public Safety officers using vehicles equipped with mobile computers and emergency response equipment. Public Safety personnel are also assigned to the front desks of the residence halls. Officers assigned to residence halls are responsible for maintaining order and accessing control with the assistance of residence hall directors and student desk officers. Security enhancements in the residence halls include a swipe-card access control system and the use of restricted keys.
一道本不卡免费高清Public Safety covers a variety of services. Some of the most requested are listed below:
- Vehicle Assistance: This can range from starting a dead battery to contacting a local service station for additional assistance. This program also includes opening locked vehicle doors (Please note this request requires a standard waiver form to be completed and signed by the owner of the locked vehicle).
- Room Lockout Assistance: This program is designed to assist any student in entering their authorized room. A fee will be submitted to a student's bill and a copy of this bill will be distributed to Residence Life.
- Protective Escort Service: Public Safety provides protective escorts to any location on campus. Contact the Public Safety dispatcher at 3911 to request assistance.
- University Shuttle: During the academic year, Public Safety provides shuttle bus service for students, staff and faculty. Shuttle service runs from 7:30 a.m. through 10:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can view the schedule routes on the Shuttle Bus Schedule page. Please note, shuttle service may be delayed during inclement weather.
- Emergency Telephones: Emergency telephones that will automatically ring to the Public Safety Dispatch Center 24 hours a day are located at various locations throughout our campuses. Simply push and release the emergency button to activate a two-way emergency response call to a Public Safety dispatcher. Please speak clearly into the microphone. This phone may be used for any emergency situation or to report an injury or any unsafe condition. It may also be used for requesting vehicle lockout assistance, a battery jump, protective escort and reporting vehicle damage or an accident.
|Emergency:||SXU Ext. 3911; 773-298-3911|
|Non-Emergency:||SXU Ext. 3541; 773-298-3541|
|Confidential Hotline:||SXU Ext 3838; 773-298-3838|
|Campus Service Center:||Room CSC 100 -- Administrative Office; 773-298-3950|